Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I am not sure what the
problem is. I did this a few months ago and I don't remember all the
details.  In order to use import the gal file to create an array
design, the reporters have to be imported first. My reporters all
have the NAME and EXTERNAL_ID fields equal to each other. Looking at
my code it looks like the importer is finding the reporters based on
the reporter_id in the gal file and the external_id in the reporter
record. I'm suspecting that your problem is related to this.

David