Micha Bayer wrote:
> Hi Nicklas,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response. In this particular case, the URL of the
> cgi script I want to call happens to contain the word "value" itself:
>
> <link
>    regexp=".++"
>    url="http://germinate.scri.ac.uk/cgi-bin/atnopdb/get-all-
> data?type=more&value={value}"
> />
>
> and BASE doesn't seem to like that. When I run the updatedb script, I
> get this:
>
> [30%]   Building database failed: Error in building: The reference to
> entity "value" must end with the ';' delimiter. at line 173 in file
> 'null': The reference to entity "value" must end with the ';' delimiter.
> at line 173 in file 'null'
>
> Is there anyway around this? This situation might arise for a number of
> annotation data types.

It has nothing to do with the 'value'. In XML it is not allowed to use a
standalone ampersand (&) since it is used as the start of an escaped
character. If you want an ampersand you must use &amp;. The url in your
example should thus be:

http://germinate.scri.ac.uk/cgi-bin/atnopdb/get-all-data?type=more&amp;value={value}

A bit strange though that it prints 'null' instead of the filename in
the error message. I will check why this happens.

/Nicklas