> Good Morning All,
>
> I have a lot of Affymetrix array data that I would like to analyze together.
> The zip that contains these files is very big and I can't upload it to
> BASE to use Batch Data Importer to import it into my experiment.

There is a known issue with files larger than 2GB,
http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/841

Is your file larger than 2GB? There is a thread related to this issue,
http://www.mail-archive.com/basedb-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01464.html
The resolution in this thread did not help the original poster but it
might help you.

> It would  be beautiful if were possible to add to an experiment raw
> bioassays that uses the same Array Design used by existing raw bioassays.
> Are there any plans to implement such a feature?

There is the batch data importer,
http://baseplugins.thep.lu.se/wiki/uk.ac.scri.batchimporter, that you
already refer to above. Also, there is the tab2mage importer,
http://baseplugins.thep.lu.se/wiki/uk.ac.ebi.Tab2MageImporter, but I
think it is still immature.

We may have a look at the batch data importer in the future to see if we
can improve and customize it for our core facility needs. However, I
cannot give any time projections for this work.

In principle the current batch data importer should be usable even if
smaller than 2GB files are used for data upload. Split the zip-file to
reasonable size, use the plug-in. This will create a lot of raw
bioassays and assign them to the experiment you selected to import from.

Jari