philipp-1.kai...@novartis.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get a serious problem with my database if I try to open the item view
> (listing works) of some Biomaterial items. It always happens at Samples,
> Extracts and Labeled Extracts only.
> On version 2.11.0 running on Windows XP everything was fine. Since I
> migrated to Opensolaris and upgraded BASE stepwise (according to the
> manual) to version 2.13.0 the mysql service completely crashes by these
> queries (see mysql-log at the end). It does not depend on the user thats
> logged in. And as far as I can remember the item view after the
> migration (with version 2.11.0) worked. If this is an imporant question,
> I could test this again. In next step I dropped my database and
> installed one from the scratch - there I am able to create new items and
> view them properly. Somehow it seems to be related to my data.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how this could be solved? Suggestions are much
> appreciated.
>
> By the way: If anyone would like to have some informations regarding
> migration, there are some steps I might help you (especially the case
> sensitive database on unix was a challenge to me!)
>
> Regards,
> Philipp

I noticed that you are running MySQL 5.1. I tried that once on my
development machine and it kept on crashing. I don't recall any pattern
such as you describe. I think it was more random, but it happened very
often. So, I reverted back to MySQL 5.0 which never crashes. Of course,
this was not very problematic for me since I don't have any data that I
need to keep. I could just re-start with a fresh installation.

/Nicklas