Hello

I am running BASE 2.8.4 (sorry, I know it is old)

I have added extended properties to my database.

I added these after the database had been used, so what I have are some extra
columns with no data in them in the reporter table

This is the XML I used:

<property
                                    name="virus_family"
                                    title="VirusFamily"
                                    description="The virus family from which
the reporter is derived"
                                    column="virus_family"
                                    type="string"
                                    length="65535"
                        />

The update scripts ran fine.

When I view reporters, the column is there, but when I sort on the column, I
get the error:

Property '' has one or more invalid characters. Only a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and . is
allowed.

What's up here?

Mick

Head of Bioinformatics
Institute for Animal Health
Compton
Berks
RG20 7NN
01635 578411

Please consider the environment and don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.
The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
message in error please delete it & notify the originator immediately.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
forbidden & may be unlawful.  The contents of this e-mail are the views of the
sender and do not necessarily represent the views of the Institute.   This
email, and associated attachments, has been checked locally for viruses but we
can accept no responsibility once it has left our systems.  Communications on
Institute computers are monitored to secure the effective operation of the
systems and for other lawful purposes.

The Institute for Animal Health is a company limited by guarantee, registered
in England no. 559784.
The Institute is also a registered charity, Charity Commissioners Reference No.
228824