From: Nicklas Nordborg [mailto:nicklas.nordb...@med.lu.se]
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 11:56 PM
To: basedb-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [base] xdoclet in ant build

No, we have not really considered moving away from using xdoclet for creating
the mapping files to Hibernate. I am aware that this is not the most modern
approach, but it has served us well so far. It might be possible to move to
JPA, but I am pretty sure that this will not be an easy task. The *.hbm.xml
files generated by are pre-processed in our startup code where we add and
change things before we hand them over to the Hibernate configuration. It might
be possible to solve this in another way if the configuration is JPA-based but
I have not looked into that.

I think it would be easier to just get rid of xdoclet and have the *.hbm.xml
files in the source repository. It's an extra manual step to keep things
synchronized, but considering that we rarely make any major database changes it
should not be too difficult.

/Nicklas