Hi David,

the CREATEFILTER option can only be used to include files for parsing.
To exclude files, the best alternative is to write a little XQuery and
do some string matching by yourself, as e.g. shown in the following
example:

   let $root := "/path/to/files/"
   for $file in file:list($root, true())
   where matches($file, "your pattern")
   return db:add("database", $root || $file, $file)

> 1.       Since this is a java program, does that mean that:

..unfortunately, there is no standard glob parser in Java (in fact,
most glob parsers have subtle differences and are often os-dependent).

> 3.       Should this work with version 6.3.5 of BaseX?

I highly recommend to switch to our latest version, as we can't offer
any support for older versions of BaseX (except for commercial
customers).

Hope this helps,