Hi Rob,

this might be a little detour, but still worth a try:
By using RestXQ [1] you could transform your data to an HTML table and display
it in any browser.
E.g. like so:
https://gist.github.com/45cdb78b093fc3d91cac
The htmlize() function will simply rename your elements to math their html
counterparts.

You may then call this function from whithin RestXQ and see the results in any
browser :)

Kind regards
Michael

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/RESTXQ