Hi Jason,

there are two possibilities:

- Have a look at our [archive module]. You can use it to decompress the archive
after loading it into BaseX. Currently, there is no hook for decompressing
files automatically.
- Use [ADDARCHIVES] option to unzip while inserting a document, this should be
quit similar to what you can achieve using eXist / MarkLogic.

Regards from Lake Constance, Germany,
Jens Erat

[archive module]: http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Archive_Module
[ADDARCHIVE]: http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Options#ADDARCHIVES

--
Jens Erat

 [phone]: tel:+49-151-56961126
  [mail]: mailto:em...@jenserat.de
[jabber]: xmpp:jab...@jenserat.de
   [web]: http://www.jenserat.de

     PGP: 350E D9B6 9ADC 2DED F5F2  8549 CBC2 613C D745 722B