Hi,

I've run into a similar problem to the one described (I think) below:
I can invoke XSLT in BaseX (fantastic) but I get compiler errors if
the stylesheet relies on xsl:import or xsl:include (not so good).

As I understand it, the JAXP interface (supported by Saxon and Xalan)
allows you to provide your own URIResolver class, which is (I imagine)
the way to fix this. But I'm no Java programmer.

It would be very (very) nice to be able to do this right.

My apologies if this post is no help but only a "me too". :-)

Cheers,
Wendell

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Christian Grün
<christian.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Seenivasan,
>
> finally some feedback..
>
>> let $doc := <a />
>> let $schema := doc("../xsd/XDW.xsd")
>> return validate:xsd($doc,$schema)
>
> Yes, I see this is a problem, and I’ve encountered similar use cases,
> but I'm currently not sure how to fix this properly. The issue is that
> BaseX relies on external schema validation, so we don’t have direct
> access to the code executing the validation.
>
> It could well be that Java’s validator interface provides some methods
> to set/modify the path to the current base uri. If you – or someone
> else – has time, ideas and/or experience how to fix this, suggestions
> and patches are welcome (see [1] for the source code).
>
>> Basex reports the first error while validating with xsd schema, while java
>> uses to report the collection of errors that do not depend on each other.
>
> A similar observation applies here: the error handling in the
> mentioned class could be revised in order to catch more than just the
> first error [2].
>
> Feel free to ask if you have more questions,
> Christian
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/blob/master/src/main/java/org/basex/query/func/FNValidate.java#L95
> [2]