Hi Fabrice,

yes, the document index is updated with each updating command. If you
perform numerous updates, you may get better performance by switching
AUTOFLUSH off [1]. Another alternative to speed up multiple update
operations is to use XQuery for updates. Due to the pending update
list semantics, however, It will require more main memory.

Christian

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Options#AUTOFLUSH