Hi Christian,

Am 18.03.2013 um 15:54 schrieb Christian Grün <christian.gr...@gmail.com>
:

>> So I have the DB 'collect' open and then do:
>> db:create('annotate-abcdef')
>
> as you guessed, you’ll have to specify a document path, in which you
> can then add new nodes. Every XML document has a root node, and vice
> versa, so it’s conceptually not possible to only create a root node
> without a document. Please note, however, that your second argument is
> simply the name and path of your document, and does not read any
> input.

Ah, so I would better use

db:create('annotate-$name', <root/>, 'annotate-$name.xml')

Somehow it is not clear from the Wiki, I thought I had to use an existing
document with some data in it.  So this document does not have to exist before?

>> How do I set UPDINDEX ON for the new DB?
>
> The following lines should do what you need:
>
>  declare option db:ftindex "on";
>  declare option db:updindex "on";
>  db:create('annotate', <root/>, 'root.xml')
>
> If you activate the FTINDEX option before creating a database, the
> OPTIMIZE call will always create/update your full-text index.

Ah, I will try this.

>> To be able to use ft:mark, I would have to optimize the DB with
>> db:optimize() after having added nodes, is this correct?
>
> ft:mark() also works without full-text index, but the index solution
> is usually faster.

OK, since some of the DBs will have more than 400 entries, it is save to always
optimize the index after updating.

Thanks and best regards

Cerstin
--
Dr. phil. Cerstin Mahlow

Universität Basel
Departement Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften
Fachbereich Deutsche Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft
Nadelberg 4
4051 Basel
Schweiz

Tel:  +41 61 267 07 65