Hi Lars,

> When using ft:extract() on nodes, it seems to clip into the match itself too
> often. Is it possible to have ft:extract() leave as much before the match as
> after?

the ft:extract algorithm is an intricate one [1], as the inputs to be
processed can be very manifold, but we can try to tweak it a little.
Could you please provide us with a little sample XML and query?

Best,
Christian

PS: if you, or someone else, want to tweak the extract code.. We are
always glad to receive patches!

[1]
https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/blob/master/basex-core/src/main/java/org/basex/query/util/DataFTBuilder.java