Today I noticed that I could actually build an index of all XSLT, XProc, Relax NG and Schematron files on my hard disk (3316 files). I couldn’t do that 2 years ago because the maximum number of distinct namespaces in a DB was limited to 256 or so.

Thanks, BaseX team, for lifting this restriction!

This has already proved really useful: I knew that I wrote an XProc step that conditionally invoked a step whose local name I remembered. The simple XPath expression
collection('home')//*:declare-step[*:choose//*:paths]
helped me identify the two relevant files.
Since we do a lot of development in XML-syntax languages, an XML database is really really good for structured searches on these files. I bet you XQuery devs still use grep to query your code ;)

Gerrit
_______________________________________________
BaseX-Talk mailing list
BaseX-Talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
https://mailman.uni-konstanz.de/mailman/listinfo/basex-talk

Reply via email to