As Christian has pointed out in private, this limitation hasn’t been lifted yet. I ran into it when I tried to index all the XML files on my hard disk. It worked for my code files yesterday because I switched to a new computer 1 year ago, and the number of code files / namespaces in them has not reached the critical limit yet.

So I made an issue out of it: https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/issues/902

Gerrit