Hi Fabrice,

thanks for your feature requests. Luckily, all of these are listed in
our GitHub issue tracker. I can't give you any timeline yet.

> How does BaseX team provide non-open-source features ?

BaseX itself will stay open source, no doubt about that. All of our
commercial offerings are built on top of our free software, and we are
glad to have a great community that helps us to improve the software
and keeps it suited to all kinds of real applications.

In the context of commercial projects, we are often developing new
features that are tailored for the particular task and environment.
Development of such features takes much less time and resources than
providing features for the wide public, as we need to

  a) provide an architecture as generic as possible,
  b) properly document all the features, and
  c) react on (very valuable, but time consuming) feedback.

This is the reason why usually some time passes until new features
make it to the public. Of course, we also have to convince customers
that it's a good decision to make features public that they have been
sponsoring, but usually it's fine with them, because all features that
are part of the open source software will automatically be updated
with every new release.

And of course, beside us, everyone else benefits from parties who are
willing to pay for so-called "sponsored features", which are treated
with higher priority. If you - or anyyone else - is interested in
financially supporting the development of features, we invite you to
contact us.

Thanks,
Christian