Hi all,

This is yet another update on the next, upcoming version of BaseX:

We have added a new database administration (DBA) web frontend to our
ZIP and EXE distributions. It allows you to create and administrate
databases, evaluate queries in realtime, view log files, manage users,
and more. It was completely written with XQuery and RESTXQ, apart from
a few lines of Javascript code.

The new frontend was added due to the known shortcomings of the Java
GUI, which cannot be used to run queries on other servers. As a
consequence, we have removed the server dialog from the desktop
application. We hope that DBA will help you to write your own web
applications based on RESTXQ!

Some more infos and design goals can be found in our Wiki [1].

Have fun, we are looking forward to your feedback,
Christian

PS: NO, the web frontend does not provide all the cute features of the
desktop gui, like the treemap, scatterplot, syntax highlighting, etc…
But it may provide some of them in future. Your contributions are
welcome!

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/DBA