Dear Ankit,

BaseX is not a schema aware XQuery processor, hence your results.

In BaseX fn:nilled() will always return false.

Element nodes in BaseX will always be untyped, see for instance:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-datamodel-30/#ElementNode => Property 11 and
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions-30/#func-nilled => in the notes.
So with respect to the specification fn:nilled() is working correctly, however it fails to live up to the expectations :-)

You can, nevertheless, mimic the fn:nilled() behavior, using this custom function I hacked together for you:
https://gist.github.com/micheee/b16586464b895f08ddfb

Depending on what you need, this might work just well.

Hope this helps.

Best from Constance,

Michael

P.S.The example code in my function has been shamelessly adapted from: http://www.xqueryfunctions.com/xq/fn_nilled.html :-)