Hi France,

If you really need multi-branching if then else the language doesnt require
increasing indentation.

  if (cond1)
  then expr1
  else if (cond2)
  then expr2
  else expr3

In my opinion this is just as good as using switch, i've seen examples like
this even in the spec. Of course readability suffers if there's a lot going on
in the expressions such as complete flwor expressions but that's just a matter
of breaking up the code in smaller (re-usable) pieces/functions.

Breaking up / refactoring your logic to avoid massive if then else or switch
constructs is advisable anyway. But I don't know how your code looks so I
cannot say.

hth
--Marc