Hi Christian,

No problem.  I am always happy to help.

I did not try that as I did not have the time to implement something
like that for the project.  Also, on my machine and on the vps we were
using at least, it was fast enough for most uses.  Also, I told the
user about the problem as "using diacritics" was an "all or nothing"
setting and there was not much I could do to make it more granular.
They were content with that but I thought as the subject came up that
I would mention something.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

All the best,
Chris