Hi,

Anyone on the list coming to Amsterdam the 6th of November? We may have some
beers together.

I will (finally) be presenting on the Origami templating library. I'm still
working on it over on Github (in the unstable branch). After a pause in
development it was almost completely rewritten. I intend to cut a new release
just before the conference.

Here's the anouncement I made for the conference website.

XQuery 3.1 is still a candidate for recommendation by the W3C. Nevertheless
there are already various implementations ready for use today. The introduction
of maps and arrays, and the availability of functional weaponry such as fold
and apply may change the way you write XQuery applications. You can still wield
the trusty weapons of XPath and the FLWOR expression while, at the same time,
adopting a more functional style of programming.

Origami is an ongoing exploration of templating in XQuery and it makes heavy
use of this functional style. It started with a quest for a more XSLT-like
transformation capability and recently took a nice turn with the adoption of a
flavor of micro-XML, with a heavy reliance on maps and arrays. Origami's
unfolding design tries to honour principles of simplicity and composability.
With Origami I aim to decomplect, or disentangle, several aspects common to
templating problems and offer them in a powerful library using a couple of
simple abstractions.

With some practical code examples I will demonstrate how to use Origami to
implement different templating styles.

--Marc