Hi Christian,

hope you're well!

>> is it possible to override the expected location of users.xml?
>
> Currently no, but it’s possible to have the data directory inside the
> war file. Do you use a custom location?
>
> If you use RESTXQ, you could use XQuery to copy a users.xml file to
> the database directory.

Thanks for the quick response.
We use the java client api, so the users.xml needs to be in place or we
won't be able to connect.

We use usually use a custom location for the database directory.

I'll have to think about this a bit more, but I guess we could adapt
the war file to our needs and copy the users.xml to the database
directory when basex starts up.

> Christian

Thanks,
-tom