Dear BaseX team,
version 3.0 of the XQuery Update Facility (XQUF) allows expressions to perform
an updating operation *and* return a value (e.g. [1]). Presently, BaseX
supports probably only version 1.0 of the XQUF, so the mixing of update and
value creates an error - and option MIXUPDATES equal "true" does not change
this.:
Query:===============================
declare option db:mixupdates 'true';

100,
insert node <elem/> into *
================================>Stopped at C:/projects/act/updateQuery.xq, 5/1:
[XUST0001] List expression: all expressions must be updating or return an empty
sequence.

In my opinion, the possibility to mix updating and value construction is very
important, as otherwise it is impossible to develop versatile tools which may,
dependent on call parameters, either return a result or perform an update.
So my   Q U E S T I O N   is - are there already plans to support XQUF 3.0 - or
as a first step the mixing of update and value - soon? Would be phantastic!

Cheers,Hans-Jürgen

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-update-30/#id-comma-expr"The operand
expressions of the comma expression are evaluated,and the XDMinstances and
pending update lists returned areconcatenated in operand order. Pending update
lists are concatenatedby the upd:mergeUpdates operation."