Hello !

We have to load many files (>20.000), large size (>30Gb) into BaseX. Today, that's done vis a BXS script which accesses files thru a network share.

I would like to optimize network transfert ; tar / compression at source, uncompress / untar at destination. But I would like to avoid to create temporary files (at source, on NAS server, and on destination server, BaseX host).

So, is there an API which I could use to load a "file" thru a stream ? I think I can write an inputstream that redirects data to outpustreams, cutting input data in many output streams, one per file. But may I chain this outputstream to an inputstream usable by BaseX loader ?

Best regards,
Christophe