Hi Buddy,

Did you try the $x button between the run query and run tests ones ?
Best regards,
Fabrice

De : basex-talk-boun...@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
[mailto:basex-talk-boun...@mailman.uni-konstanz.de] De la part de
buddyonweb-softw...@yahoo.com
Envoyé : lundi 15 février 2016 16:53
À : BaseX <basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de>
Objet : [basex-talk] Binding external variable in GUI

At the risk of a) sounding like a real newbie  b) being accused of not Googling
for an answer (which I did - but apparently overlooked)
I am wondering how I can bind an external variable using just XQuery syntax in
the BaseX GUI.

I have found how to set the variable via command line options, and how to do it
in Java, but I merely
wanted to run a quick interactive test in the GUI  to test an idea of mine
(before writing a bunch of Java code).
What I have done is in a tab in the GUI, I have included the module, and before
running a function, want to set that external variable.
Surprisingly I found myself at a loss on how to do what appears to be a simple
task.

So, thanks in advance for any help....and for the rest of this community for
not laughing at me too loudly

Buddy