I tried some more experiments.

I used the BaseX GUI as follows:

1. Created a new database and used the GUI to select the catalog file
directly.
2. Used the add function from the New Database dialog to load a directory,
selecting all the .xml, .dita, and .ditamap files.

All the DITA files were skipped.

I did the same test using 8.4.1 under OS X but against the same source
files and catalog and it worked fine.

So this seems to be a general issue with catalog resolution under Windows.

Cheers,

E.
----
Eliot Kimber, Owner