Hi Liam

Thank you for the reply!

The command returns silently, and I can manually find the files on our file
system as well. I added use Carp; at the top (which I didn't before, assuming
that it would be included if necessary by a dependency script) and now I get an
error on Carp's Heavy.pm at line 11. The strange thing is that this line
doesn't really provide anything useful, it's simply a variable assignment of a
version (l. 10-11):

# On one line so MakeMaker will see it.
use Carp;  our $VERSION = $Carp::VERSION;

When I try to get the version manually from the command line, this works fine.

perl -le 'use Carp; print $Carp::VERSION;'
# returns 1.11

I'm at loss. I have no idea at all why the program would crash on such a line!

You say you didn't manage to start multiple basex sessions either. Can I ask
what the cause of this was? Did Basex' Perl API throw an error, and if so which
one? Or couldn't you debug it because of compilation problems similar to my own?

Thank you in advance!

Bram