Van: basex-talk-boun...@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
[mailto:basex-talk-boun...@mailman.uni-konstanz.de] Namens Christian Grün
Verzonden: zaterdag 14 januari 2017 12:09
Aan: Bularca, Lucian <lucian.bula...@mueller.de>
CC: basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
Onderwerp: Re: [basex-talk] Gravierende Performance-Einbüße bei Persistierung
von mehr als 5000, 160 KB große XML Datenstrukturen.

Hi Lucian,

I have a hard time reproducing the reported behavior. The attached, revised
Java example (without AUTOFLUSH) required around 30 ms for the first documents
and 120 ms for the last documents, which is still pretty far from what you’ve
been encountering:

> von Anfang ~ 10 ms auf  ~ 2500 ms kommne würde

But obviously something weird has been going on in your setup. Let’s see what
alternatives we have…

• Could you possibly try to update my example code such that it shows the
reported behavior? Ideally with small input, in order to speed up the process.
Maybe the runtime increase can also be demonstrated after
1.000 or 10.000 documents...
• You could also send me a list of the files of your test_database directory;
maybe the file sizes indicate some unusual patterns.
• You could start BaseXServer with the JVM flag -Xrunhprof:cpu=samples (to be
inserted in the basexserver script), start the server, run your script, stop
the server directly afterwards, and send me the result file, which will be
stored in the directory from where you started BaseX (java.hprof.txt).

Best,
Christian

>>> Lucian