Thanks. I would think that being able to schedule jobs would fit nicely with
having scheduled jobs persist after restart.

Kendall

From: "Kirsten, Dirk" <dirk.kirs...@senacor.com>
Date: Monday, August 28, 2017 at 12:21 PM
To: Kendall Shaw <kendall.s...@workday.com>, BaseX
<basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de>
Subject: AW: Startup hooks or persisting jobs

Hi Kendall,

there is currently no way to do this using BaseX itself. But I also don’t think
that should be the job of BaseX. Instead you can write a servlet and deploy it
using Tomcat which runs some Java application, e.g. which could trigger some
BaseXX command. See
http://crunchify.com/how-to-run-java-program-automatically-on-tomcat-startup/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__crunchify.com_how-2Dto-2Drun-2Djava-2Dprogram-2Dautomatically-2Don-2Dtomcat-2Dstartup_&d=DwMGaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=JgwnBEpN1c-DDmq-Up2QMq9rrGyfWK0KtSpT7dxRglA&m=gOpscG7vkDRSI_XslDmh4eqaDUWLl-AlYsKjjD9n7Rs&s=H3i0AH5LU5JYG_1guelBQPwLs9FgFlNKzT3qnkjQvbI&e=>
 for an example how to do this.

Cheers
Dirk

Senacor Technologies Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Eschborn - Amtsgericht
Frankfurt am Main - Reg.-Nr.: HRB 105546
Vorstand: Matthias Tomann, Marcus Purzer - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Daniel
Grözinger