Greetings list,

    In the Basex configuration file, I added

    AUTHMETHOD = Custom

    After starting the server, the 1st response I get from the server when I connect to it is the realm:nonce values.

    In the Basex manual, it states for AUTHMETHOD

_Specifies the default authentication method, which will be used by the HTTP server for negotiating__
__credentials. Allowed values are Basic, Digest, and Custom:_

_    With custom authentication, the server will not do any authentication._

    Is it possible to connect to Basex server without going thru any authentication?

    Regards,

    -- Dave Day