The program stops (i.e. crashes), when I choose "Editor/Open" or  "Editor/Save
As" menus or when I click the "Choose Dialog" icon from the Project panel.
Since I have not yet selected any file, I guess heap size does not matter.
Actually, if I double click the file in Project panel, it opens ok. So I can
use the BaseX, if I run it first with "java -cp BaseX.jar org.basex.BaseXGUI",
the select the project directory, stop it and run BaseX.exe and select files I
need from the project panel.

 I attached the crash log (I guess, since new one comes to c:\Program
Files\BaseX each time the program craches) using the newer binary.

--
Arto Viitanen