Von: basex-talk-boun...@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
[mailto:basex-talk-boun...@mailman.uni-konstanz.de] Im Auftrag von Bang Pham Huu
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. Februar 2018 08:45
An: basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
Betreff: [basex-talk] Big Surprise from outputs in version 7.3.1 and 8.6.7 ?

Hello,

I've been using BaseX to query an XML file in version 7.3.1 and it worked well.
However, because of this problem
https://www.mail-archive.com/basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de/msg10241.html
and I was suggested to use version 8.6.7 then I changed to use this version in
a Java Web application which queries the old BaseX files from version 7.3.1.

However, I didn't know that this version changes created a very surprise result
between version 7.3.1 and 8.6.7 (i.e: data is missing in version
8.6.7 from output result !!!).

Could someone tell me why it happens and how to use BaseX version 8.6.7 on
BaseX database from version 7.3.1.

Here is the difference between 2 outputs on same old BaseX database version
7.3.1 (left: 8.6.7, right: 7.3.1) with same XQuery:
https://www.diffchecker.com/iCgLhRUx

The XQuery is:

 declare namespace gml = "http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2";;
 declare function local:get-children() {
 let $x := collection('userdb')//gml:identifier/text()
 return
      if (exists($x)) then
           for $i in $x
                return $i
      else <empty/>
 };

  let $x := distinct-values(local:get-children())
  for $i in $x return $i

Thanks,