Hello,

when one client is uploading file to a database (let's say Database1), upd.
basex file is created and exists until the file is uploaded to the database
Database1. Problem is that meanwhile the upload is running, all other
clients reading data from the Database1 read the data very, very slowly.
Also clients trying to read data from Database2 or Database3 reads the data
very, very slowly while the upload to Database1 is running. Also the client
trying to upload data to Database2 is not successful until the upload to
Database1 is done.

Database1, Database2 and Database3 are databases in the same BaseX database.

Can I speed up the loading data from various databases at the same time or
the parallel uploading? I've read about the PARALLEL option in .basex option
file, but are there any best practices what the value should be regarding to
the database size or the number of databases? And are there similar best
practices to CACHETIMEOUT, TIMEOUT and KEEPALIVE options? Are there more
information than what is at http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Options ?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Best regards,

Radim Havlicek