Hi Rick,

While investing some more time in profiling, we encountered one memory
leak by a) creating a database and b) adding additional documents via
the Database Manage dialog in a second step. In Java, a strange
decision was taken that top-level swing containers (such as our
progress bar) won’t be garbage collected, even after they have been
disposed [1].

I guess this is not a very serious leak in BaseX (it has never been
reported in the past), but I have added a quick fix to tackle the most
obvious case, and I’ll be interested in hearing if this will already
reduce memory usage in your use experiments. A new snapshot is
available [2].

Best,
Christian

[1] https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/issues/1650