Hi Andreas,

In BaseX, you can use the EXPORT command or the db:export function to
write all database contents to disk [1,2]. I know too little about
eXist-db; maybe they offer a similar feature?

After that, as Fabrice indicated, you can use the CREATE DB command to
create a database by pointing to that directory. If the database
contains non-XML resources, you may need to write a little XQuery
script or a BaseX command script that imports the data in the format
you prefer.

Hope this helps
Christian

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Commands#EXPORT