> On 18. Jan 2019, at 22:10, Wendell Piez <wap...@wendellpiez.com> wrote:
>
> Hello BaseX friends,
>
> So it happens that I am trying to discover how to set up BaseX to run
> in Docker. By no means am I skilled in system administration.
>
> There are some instructions at http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Docker which
> are very helpful, not least in confirming that I have a reasonable
> idea.
>
> The last example given on that page, however, gives me pause. It
> appears to install git into the Docker image, but the commentary
> suggests it's something else including a modification to CLASSPATH. I
> wonder if the commentary is not out of sync with the example.
>
> Yet at the same time I just need to know more -- inasmuch as I would
> like my image to have SaxonHE available, the most recent version
> freely available from maven or best available means. What would the
> syntax be for that. and how do I determine what that is (presumably
> for apk)? As well as potentially amending the CLASSPATH, if need be,
> to add the saxon.jar ...
>
> Thanks for any hints. relevant tips or links to Docker help :-)
>
> Regards, Wendell
>
> --
> Wendell Piez | wendell -dot- piez -at- nist -dot- gov |
> http://www.wendellpiez.com
> pellucidliterature.org | github.com/wendellpiez |
> gitlab.coko.foundation/wendell  - pausepress.org

Hi Wendell,

you're right, the documentation is out of sync.
Comparing the history of Wiki edits explains the mistakes:

http://docs.basex.org/index.php?title=Docker&diff=prev&oldid=13817

It is not Debian anymore, it is Alpine Linux.
And it is not a lib for image manipulation that is installed, but git.
And there is no CLASSPATH update.

We'll have a look at it and revise the paragraph.

All the best
        Alex