Hi,

> If you are allowed to share some snippets of the actual documents, it
> will be easier to see how the query needs to be phrased.

Sadly, probably not.  I can probably do something off list but even
then I would hesitate.

I tried your proposal from your other email and I am getting the same
results as with all other attempts.  I feel like this should be very
straightforward and I am just missing something small.

> Have you verified that $biblFull and $biblStruct actually contain
> strings? If not, do you need to declare a default namespace? The
> vocabulary looks like TEI, so
>
> declare default element namespace "http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0";;

It is TEI-like.  It is not exactly TEI and I very much doubt it would validate.

> may be necessary. And if it is TEI, the ID attributes are probably
> called @xml:id rather than @id.

No, the XML documents are explicit about the @id as I checked.

Thank you for your help.

All the best,