Hi Bridger,

The solution was indeed using is-value-in-sequence:

import module namespace functx = 'http://www.functx.com';
let $biblFull := distinct-values(collection('edil/Prologue Merged
2013.xml')//biblFull/@id)
let $biblStruct := distinct-values(collection('edil/Prologue Merged
2013.xml')//biblStruct/@id)
let $bibl := distinct-values(collection('edil/Prologue Merged
2013.xml')//bibl/@id)
for $title in collection('edil/eDIL-A.xml')//entry//title
where not(functx:is-value-in-sequence($title/@target, $biblFull))
and not(functx:is-value-in-sequence($title/@target, $biblStruct))
and not(functx:is-value-in-sequence($title/@target, $bibl))
return $title