On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 15:40, Christian Grün <christian.gr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Reece,
>
> > I'm wondering how you would go about profiling a query in BaseX to
> determine how long various query statements take, so you can look at the
> places where you need to modify the query to be faster. I have added
> MarkLogic's profiling support into my XQuery plugin that does this and am
> wondering how this can be done in BaseX.
>
> Have you already embedded support for the Saxon debugger in IntelliJ?

The current development version of my plugin adds support for the Saxon
tracing API and am using that to generate a profile report similar to the
one for MarkLogic. This is working well. I am still investigating debugging
support for both Saxon and MarkLogic.

A similar tracing API could be useful for BaseX. Specifically, the ability
to add trace objects into the evaluation pipeline that call events on a
listener class before and after evaluation. I could make use of that API in
my plugin to provide profiling and debugging functionality.

I'm still planning on using the timing information and query plan from
BaseX.

Kind regards,
Reece