Hi France,

> It seems that basexhttp.bat was launching multiple instance of basex.

We have multiple Windows instances running with BaseX, but I cannot
recollect having had such an issue before (and I’m not sure how this
could happen, as the code for starting the server is pretty
straightforward).

Maybe you had other instances running? Did you really call basexhttp
only once? If yes, which flags do you supply as arguments?

> It's the second time we see that on Windows systems. Is it possible that the
> Windows installation process sets environment variables which creates
> conflicts if other instances are installed using the .zip files?

If you use the Windows installer, the PATH variable will be modified,
such that basex will be found on command line.

Best,