Dear Benjamin,

Thanks for forwaring your inquiry to the list (my reply will be in
English, I hope that’s ok).

If you enable the quote option, strings in the CSV output will be
quoted if they contain control characters (the delimiter, other
quotes, …) that would otherwise be treated wrongly by another CSV
parser such as Excel. Simple strings will be serialized unchanged. See
[1] for more information on the CSV options.

Do you have a specific use case in which quoting is obligatory?

Best regards from Konstanz,
Christian

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/CSV_Module