Hi Björn,

The BaseX admin user can be compared with the Unix root user. In
productive environments, you should avoid the admin account and create
additional, task-specific users. For example, you may want to create a
user, which only has read/update permissions for specific databases
[1].

Hope this helps,
Christian

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/User_Management