But if you are willing to give up that GUI, you could instead use the DBA
interface [2] in your browser, and write all your code there if you start
BaseX's http server [1].
However, the DBA interface will not give you auto-complete (and other nice
things you see in the GUI), but you can still write code, run code, and
save it to disk there.

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Command-Line_Options#HTTP_Server
[2] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/DBA