Dear Ramzi,

As Omar has stated, you can use XQuery to create a database with an
initial empty document:

  db:create('db', <xml/>, 'doc.xml')

A new empty document can be added to an existing database as follows:

  db:add('db', <xml/>, 'doc.xml')

See more examples in our documentation [1]. You can also use BaseX
commands to create, add or replace documents [2].

Best,
Christian

[1] https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Database_Module
[2] https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Commands