Hi Graydon,

In the BaseX GUI dialog, some options are pure GUI options, and
others, such as CREATEFILTER, are standard database options. The
latter ones are discarded, as they would also affect other BaseX
instances, such as the standalone mode. If you finish a GUI dialog
operation, you can have a look at the Info View panel, in which those
options will be listed. They are assigned via the SET command.

If you want to make database options persistent, you can manually add
them at the bottom of the .basex configuration file [1]. It’s
recommendable to quit the GUI before editing the file, as the
graphical user interface might overwrite your changes when it’s
closed.

Hope this helps,
Christian

[1] https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Configuration#Configuration_Files