I haven’t tried Eclipse integration, but I’m using basex from Oxygen configured
as in:

https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Integrating_oXygen
<https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Integrating_oXygen>

You can then use BaseX in a transformation scenario.
But the XQuery debugger is still restricted to Saxon only.

Re: security and authentication:

Have you looked at the sample DBA app or RESTXQ permissions:

https://docs.basex.org/wiki/DBA <https://docs.basex.org/wiki/DBA>

https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Permissions
<https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Permissions>

If you want to add some external authentication, you can run the basex war file
under tomcat.
( And/or proxy thru Apache/nginx. )

— Steve M.