We have a BaseX application that uses the BaseX REST API.  A number of GET
requests are failing with an HTTP 400 Bad Request response.  Looking at the
BaseX logs, I find that BaseX is internally throwing
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException for these HTTP 400 Bad Request
failures:

   <entry time="05:13:57.193" address="***.***.***.***:*****" user="admin"
   type="400" ms="3.93">[GET]
   https://********.*******.ibm.com:10443/BaseX/rest/****/*******.xml;
   Improper use? Potential bug? Your feedback is welcome: Contact:
   basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de Version: BaseX 8.6.7 Java: IBM
   Corporation, 1.8.0_241 OS: Linux, amd64 Stack Trace:
   java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at
   org.basex.util.Compress.unpack(Compress.java:120) at
   org.basex.data.DiskData.txt(DiskData.java:284) at
   org.basex.data.DiskData.text(DiskData.java:251) at
   org.basex.io.serial.Serializer.node(Serializer.java:370) at
   org.basex.io.serial.Serializer.node(Serializer.java:158) at
   org.basex.io.serial.StandardSerializer.node(StandardSerializer.java:105)
   at org.basex.io.serial.Serializer.node(Serializer.java:345) at
   org.basex.io.serial.Serializer.node(Serializer.java:158) at
   org.basex.io.serial.StandardSerializer.node(StandardSerializer.java:105)
   at org.basex.io.serial.AdaptiveSerializer.node
   (AdaptiveSerializer.java:75) at org.basex.io.serial.Serializer.serialize
   (Serializer.java:109) at
   org.basex.io.serial.AdaptiveSerializer.serialize
   (AdaptiveSerializer.java:66) at org....</entry>

I realize that BaseX 8.6.7 is somewhat old.  I can look at upgrading to a
more recent version if necessary.  But before I do that, I'd like to know
if the java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException is a known problem and more
importantly if there is anything we can do short of upgrading BaseX to fix
the problem.

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander, Ph.D.
Software Engineer, Corporate Tools Development
IBM Corporation
Charlotte, NC

Reply via email to