Hi Liam,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. Based on your suggestion I tried pragmas
and strace, and had another go at CatalogManager.properties, but they've not
had any effect. (I'm using Windows 10 but was able to run strace in Ubuntu via
WSL). This query:

try {
  (# db:catfile 'schemas/catalog.xml' #)
  (# db:intparse false #)
  (# db:dtd true #)
  (# db:chop false #)
  { xslt:transform('file.xml', 'stylesheet.xsl')//inlinegraphic }
} catch * { $err:description }

Produces the same error again due to the DTD not being available at the system
literal URI.

I did try setting verbosity 99 in a CatalogManager.properties file on the
classpath, but this did not produce any additional messages. I also tried
setting the same properties directly when launching BaseX this did not work
either. Specifically, I set the following system properties when launching
BaseX, and then used proc:property() in a query to confirm that these system
properties were in fact set.

'xml.catalog.verbosity': '99'
'xml.catalog.ignoreMissing': 'no'
'xml.catalog.catalog-class-name': 'org.apache.xml.resolver.Resolver'
'xml.catalog.files': 'schemas/catalog.xml'

xml-resolver-1.2.jar and Saxon are definitely on the classpath.

Thanks,
VIncent

Vincent M. Lizzi
Head of Information Standards | Taylor & Francis Group
vincent.li...@taylorandfrancis.com<mailto:vincent.li...@taylorandfrancis.com>

Information Classification: General