Gerrit and Liam,

Thanks for that background information and the recommendation for sponsoring
development. I tried adding rewriteSystem to the XML Catalog but it did not
help. The XML Catalog already uses systemSuffix. It is good to see that the
option for sponsoring development is available and has already resulted in
improvements to XML Catalog support in BaseX. As you pointed out that the
initial work on catalog support in xslt:transform focused on supporting
xsl:import and xsl:include so the scenario for using the catalog resolver when
parsing XML was probably not in scope.

I've logged a ticket with a small self-contained example:
https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/issues/1903

For now, the workaround to replace the URI in the DOCTYPE using a regular
expression on the XML before xslt:transform() looks like it will work.

Many thanks,
Vincent

Vincent M. Lizzi
Head of Information Standards | Taylor & Francis Group
vincent.li...@taylorandfrancis.com<mailto:vincent.li...@taylorandfrancis.com>

Information Classification: General