Hello everyone,

I'm trying to do some simple XPath searches (BaseX GUI 9.4.1) of the kind //name or//someThing/anotherThing/name - using the input bar. In the past, I almost always used the "find" mode and always got what is probably called Xpath suggestions (mentioned on https://basex.org/basex/gui/). This made it real quick and easy to find stuff. For example, I could type just //someT and BaseX would then provide me with a dropdown containing someThing, then I would type a slash and "ano" and BaseX would come up with "anotherThing" etc.

However, I've been trying this now for hours and I can't find a way to bring up such suggestions. When I type the whole path myself, the find command still works, but then again in case of typos it obviously doesn't.

The only way I got at least some suggestions is when I typed // (two slashes) - in this case I got a huge dropdown probably including everything possible for the current DB. As soon as I typed one single letter, the dropdown disappeared.

What do I need to change in order to get my "old" function back?

cheers,
André